Rules for foreigners stay in Ukraine due to COVID-19
10 Сентября 2020 Работа с иностранными компаниями
Updated 10 of September, 2020:
27 of August, 2020, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine introduced temporary ban on entrance of foreigners into Ukraine due to COVID-19 from 28 of August till 28 of September, 2020. September 9, 2020 the list was adjusted, transit trips were taken out of the list of permitted visits, list of relatives is broadened, study purpose is specified as related to higher education institutions.
The following foreigners will be allowed to enter:
1) for a spouse of Ukrainian resident- a mariage certificate;
2) for parents, kinders, grandparents of Ukrainian resident- a certificate/other document which proves family connection;
3) for foreigners who come to Ukraine fror studing - an invitation from Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine/ a temporary resident permit/ visa type-D;
4) for foreigners who are serving in the Armed Forces of Ukraine - documents which prove the fact of the serving
5) permanently or temporary residenting in Ukraine- a corresponding resident permit;
6) recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection - a refugee travel document or a refugee identity card;
7) those who have a work permit for foreigners and stateless persons;
8) who are employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families - documents confirming such status (relevant certificate, accreditation card);
9) are heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of international organizations, as well as persons accompanying them and entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - documents confirming such status / relevant invitation;
10)who are persons arriving in Ukraine at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - a corresponding invitation;
11) who are drivers and / or crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft, ships and river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews - documents confirming this status;
12) who are instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO “Partnership for Peace” program, who take part in training activities of units of the Armed Forces or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Defense - documents confirming such status / invitation;
13) who are cultural figures who arrive at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them - an invitation from a cultural institution, documents confirming the status of an accompanying person;
14) who arrive to participate in official sports competitions held on the territory of Ukraine, and accompanying persons - documents confirming the person’s participation in official sports competitions and invitations from the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine, documents confirming the status of accompanying person;
15) who are technical specialists who arrive in Ukraine at the invitation of representatives of Ukrainian enterprises - invitations from representatives of Ukrainian enterprises with mandatory indication of the need for such technical specialists;
16) who are persons who carry out transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation - supporting documents from the Ministry of Health of Ukraine or from the health care institution of Ukraine;
17) arrived for treatment at health care institutions of Ukraine - supporting documents from the health care institution of Ukraine / relevant invitation.
These categories of foreign nationals must have an insurance to cover possible costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and observation (issued by an insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine).
Article dated March 17, 2020:
In connection with quarantıne whıch strarted in Ukraine on the 12th of March 2020, some temporary mıgratıon rules had been introduced.
It’s necessary to mention, that these rules shall be applied to the foreigners and people without citizenship who stayed legally in the territory of Ukraine as of the beginning of quarantine measures, id est:
- those having Ukrainian temporary/ permanent residence permit
- those staying in Ukraine for the duration of the valid visa
- those having their resıdence term duly prolonged
The temporary measures are as follows:
Foreigners and people without citizenship that have not been able to apply to the territorial Units and Departments of the State Migration Service of Ukraine to prolong the period of their stay in Ukraine AND/OR to exchange their permanent/temporary resident permits, WILL NOT BE PENALIZED for violation of the legislation on the legal status of the foreigners and stateless persons, IF such violations have occurred within the period of the quarantine.
Also it’s prescribed that during quarantine a processing and issuance of the documents which confirm citizenship of Ukraine or a special status of a person shall be carried out in the place, where the person has applied (before you should apply at the place of registration or planned registration).
From the date when the quarantine had been announced, the time frames for applications for administrative and other services and the terms of these services provisions, determined by the law, shall be paused. From the date of termination of the quarantine, these terms shall reset, taking into account the time elapsed before its termination. Simply talking there will be prolongation for the applying documents to the 3rd of April.
From 0.00 of 16th of March to 0.00 of 3rd of April 2020 all foreign citizens and people without citizenship will be prohibited from entering Ukraine.
The exception is made for affiliated diplomatic officials of Embassies of foreign countries in Ukraine, employees of missions of international organizations.
Also, Ministry of foreign affairs of Ukraine in particular occasions is entitled to issue individual permits to admission of foreigners. Prohibition to admission may be cancelled or prolonged depending on the situation of extension of coronavirus COVID-19 in the world.
Citizens of Ukraine and foreigners entitled temporary or permanent residence in Ukraine, are permitted to admission in Ukraine.
Please note that violation of rules of resıdence ın Ukraıne by foreıgners and stateless persons usually causes inflicting of fines in the amount from hundred to three hundreds of individual income tax exemption (UAH 1700-5100 for the March 2020), in particular:
- Residing without the permits (temporary or permanent)
- Residing with the invalid documents
- Employment without proper work permit provided by the Laws of Ukraine
- Incompliance with stated order of movement and changing the domicile
- Evasion from leaving the territory of Ukraine after expiration of the proper terms
- Employment after arriving within the proper terms
- Violation of the rules of transits passing across the Ukraine
Some of the above violations will be reduced according to described above temporary measures implied by government of Ukraine.
Our team of lawyers is ready to assist your business regarding of proper documenting of foreign citizens staying in Ukraine. We assist to make proper invitation to technical specialists, doing work in Ukraine
+38 067 220 74 61
Будемо раді співпраці!
Мы готовы решить Ваши юридические вопросы в сфере IT-бизнеса, потому что мы специализируемся на этом. Юридическая фирма “Laudis”
Будем рады сотрудничеству!
- Квота на імміграцію для IT спеціалістів
- Нерезиденти в Україні екстрені заходи
- Как получить визу Д для въезда в Украину в Украине
- Електронна віза для іноземця для в'їзду в Україну
- Експорт послуг платником ПДВ
- Договор с нерезидентом в 2018 году Экспорт услуг
- Аккредитив как инструмент платежа
- Что такое ICO и как получить инвестиции в криптовалюте
- Лицензия НБУ для открытия банковского счета за границей 2017
- Покупаем услуги у нерезидента
- Нацбанк пом’якшує валютні обмеження
- Налоговое планирование при международном секондменте
- Відкриття рахунків за кордоном
- Апостиль та легалізація документів
- Працевлаштування іноземця в Україні
- Як прописати та виписати іноземця
- НБУ разъясняет как легко получить деньги от иностранного заказчика
- НБУ спрощує документування експорту послуг з України
- Внешнеэкономический контракт - обязательные условия
- Налогообложение при работе с иностранным контрагентом
- Как получить деньги от Google Play, AdMob, AdSense